Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Blogging to reduce corruption?

Blogging is gaining momentum as more people have embraced it and has changed the way they view the web including access to information.


During the recent first blogging summit held at UP Diliman in Quezon City, Lawyer JJ Disini, managing partner of Disini & Disini Law Office said bloggers are writing and creating new content, thus, enriching Philippine culture and recorded history.

"We at the UP Law ISP wanted to have a dialogue with other bloggers about this emerging phenomenon. More and more people are starting to blog. It’s a new technology which has been embraced by many," said Disini.

There were many reasons why the summit on blogging was held, said Disini.

"First, bloggers need to have real world contact with other bloggers. While the interests may be divergent the act of maintaining a blog and writing away at it on a regular basis is enough common ground to get a conversation going."

"Second, more people need to blog. Blogging has the potential to close the gap between generations and provide information about things once kept out of view. There’s an element of transparency in life that blogging provides."

From a democratic standpoint, blogging can reduce corruption by providing more information about events that would otherwise escape public attention or the regular media.

"Third, mass media need to pay attention to blogging because more stories are originating from bloggers who act as citizen journalists. People will no longer rely on traditional media as their sole source of information — mass media will lose mindshare to bloggers.

"Fourth, there are many legal issues facing bloggers. For instance, should they be treated as journalists with the privilege of not disclosing their sources?"

Disini noted the conference focused on the broader issues concerning governance, journalism, and creativity.

"But there are more out there. It’s not possible for us to cover all of them. Technology is changed as it is used. It is changed by those who use it. SMS was not intended to unseat a head of state and still that’s what happened."

Disini said blogging is a far more versatile communication medium than SMS. Imagine what more it can do in politics, business, art and social life.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a awesome blog! "this post" WOW!

I've got on better sex related info.

Come see when you can.

Anonymous said...

Hi Winsome,

As a result of reading your blog "this post", I think you will discover my site on Highest Wages In All States will be a great help.

To illustrate our diverse range of wages information, here are some of the latest search terms that located our site ...

Blockmasons Helpers Wages
Stonemasons Helpers Wages
Marble Setters Helpers Wages
Tile Setters Helpers Wages
Carpenters Helpers Wages
Electricians Helpers Wages
Extraction Workers Helpers Wages
Painters Helpers Wages
Paperhangers Helpers Wages.

We have over 200 "have to read" career and wages articles in addition to many other interesting subjects in our Wages For All Occupations site.

Best Regards
Emily

Anonymous said...

Hi Winsome,

As a result of reading your blog "this post", I think you will discover my site on Highest Wages In All States will be a great help.

To illustrate our diverse range of wages information, here are some of the latest search terms that located our site ...

Segmental Pavers Wages
Septic Tank Servicers Wages
Sewer Pipe Cleaners Wages
Oil Service Unit Operators Wages
Gas Service Unit Operators Wages
Mining Service Unit Operators Wages
Sheet Metal Workers Wages
Steel Workers Wages
Tapers Workers Wages
Stonemasons Wages
Structural Iron Workers Wages.

We have over 200 "have to read" career and wages articles in addition to many other interesting subjects in our Wages For All Occupations site.

Best Regards
Emily

Anonymous said...

Hey Winsome,

Your blog "this post", leads me to believe you will find my information on our Best Career Wages site to be very beneficial.

Some of the not so common searches that found our extensive wages site included ...

Agricultural Equipment Operators Wages
Agricultural Inspectors Wages
Agricultural Workers Wages
Animal Breeders Wages
Fallers Wages
Fishing Workers Supervisors Wages
Forestry Workers Supervisors Wages
Farming Workers Supervisors Wages.

We have many hundreds of "essential to read" articles on wages and career topics in addition to many other popular subjects in our Average Career Wages site.

Best Wishes
Emily

Anonymous said...

Hi there Winsome, I had been out looking for some new information on online currency trading when I found your site and this post. Though not just what I was searching for, it drew my attention. An interesting post and I thank you for it.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog Winsome. How long has it been on-line? Reason I ask is I am doing a ton of work in the area of golf testing equipment and will probably end up starting a blog of my own. Funny how the internet brought me here when I was doing searches on golf testing equipment. Oh well, I am glad it did. Keep up the great blogging and I am sure I will visit this post again!!

Anonymous said...

I have been on-line searching for hours for information regarding golf testing equipment and stumbled across your blog during my journey :-) Winsome your blog is really amazing! Keep up the great work. Obviously my search on golf testing equipment was way off when compared to this post and find it funny how it landed me here. The internet is a funny thing. Anyways, great job on your blogging and keep up the good work! I been searching for golf testing equipment for over 2 hours and needed a break from it. I started reading your blog and really started getting into it.
P.S I will add you to my favorites so I can come back and visit later
P.S.S If you want to bookmark my site I am at golf testing equipment. You never know you may find some good deals!

Anonymous said...

I have been on-line searching for hours for information regarding golf testing equipment and stumbled across your blog during my journey :-) Winsome your blog is really amazing! Keep up the great work. Obviously my search on golf testing equipment was way off when compared to this post and find it funny how it landed me here. The internet is a funny thing. Anyways, great job on your blogging and keep up the good work! I been searching for golf testing equipment for over 2 hours and needed a break from it. I started reading your blog and really started getting into it.
P.S I will add you to my favorites so I can come back and visit later
P.S.S If you want to bookmark my site I am at golf testing equipment. You never know you may find some good deals!

Anonymous said...

Hi Winsome your blog is really great! Wow :-) As I was out blog surfing and surfing the web for detailed info on golf testing equipment I stumbled across your blog. Obviously my search landed me here and it is a little off subject compared to this post, but I am certainly glad I did come across your blog. Did I already tell you I like it! If you would not mind, I would like to add your link to my "favorites" page to come back and read again sometime. Should you ever need it, there's lots of information on this site about golf testing equipment. Again, great blog and keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

Helpful info. Fortunate me I found your site unintentionally,
and I am stunned why this twist of fate did not
came about earlier! I bookmarked it.

Here is my site Free Playstation Network Cards

Anonymous said...

Howdy would you mind letting me know which webhost you're utilizing? I've
loaded your blog in 3 different browsers and I must say
this blog loads a lot quicker then most. Can you suggest a good web hosting provider at a honest price?

Thank you, I appreciate it!

My homepage ... rar pass cracker